Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > Where to eat out in San Stefanos?

FORUM MEMBERS MEETING September - October 2010 at Ozzie Oils

<< < (4/9) > >>

tonyco1:
Ok - we'll do that as well - meet at Glens Bar on the 1st at what time?
After diner - -say 10.00-10:30-ish?

don:

--- Quote from: tonyco1 on August 20, 2010, 04:47:34 PM ---Ok - we'll do that as well - meet at Glens Bar on the 1st at what time?
After diner - -say 10.00-10:30-ish?

--- End quote ---

Is that DINNER in the DINER cos nothing could be finer?

Jimbo:
Who's going to be there last week September - first week October?

I'm only asking this because this afternoon Satan (me) went to Eve (Gillie) and sayeth unto her "Lo, the weather is crap, the Tigers lost 4-0 to the Millwall scum, we've got colds, and however much Mythos you buy in Aldis, and how ever hard you chill it, it doesn't taste the same when it's fifteen hundred miles from the Ionian Sea."

And Eve sayeth "So what, you incredibly handsome devil that maketh my knees to tremble at the thought of your satanic snake?"

[Ed: the last bit's not strictly speaking true. She really just said "So?"]

And Satan sayeth unto her "There's a week at Little Prince late September going for £330. What about it?"

Eve, using her best private school voice, sayeth unto Satan "Don't be a prat!," and Satan was sad and hurt and started to walk away when Eve said "You can get two weeks for £346!"

Thus was Satan tempted by Eve, and fell - which is an ironic twist on an old story.

Later, Satan phoned Thomsons and said "If the first week is £330 and the second week is £16, can we just go for the second week?" Some people in call centres have no sense of humour.

So, if any of the faithful are there for that time, let's get together for an evening of drinks, good cheer, and Kumquat marmalade.  :D

Sandra W:
Jimbo... Wish we could be there. As for right now.... Even with no alcohol we would still be rolling about laughing at that post..... Absolutely Fabulous!!!............................................ You didn't write that too?

Jimbo:
I wish I had written AbFab... if I had we'd being staying at the Romanza with a driver on hand 24/7 to take us up the hill. Or maybe Yannis to give us a piggy-back.

No - I'll be working on my new screenplay called "Where is the beach?" It starts like this:

EXTERIOR BEACH - SAN STEFANOS - DAY

RALPH HIGGINBOTTOM is standing with his wife TRACEY on the terrace of the Havana Bar. His cloth cap is flapping in the stiff wind. He holds a tape measure in his hand.

RALPH: 'ay up! I swear the bugger's 2.76 centimetres narrower than it was when we here in 98.

TRACEY: Oh Ralph! Do give over. It's plenty wide enough and very long. Oooh - did I say that?

RALPH: Listen, petal - don't try to get round me that way! Some of those buggers in the forum are out here at six am every day with theodolites and lasers and whatever trying to get their fooking report in before me, and I'm not having it! This holiday's a complete disaster.

TRACEY: Do give over. It's only a beach.

RALPH: It's not just a beach! It's iconic, like. There are people on that forum who check the frigging web-cam every day in case the beach has got narrower and they'll have to cancel and got to Malaga instead. Lives are at stake here.

TRACEY: You've been in a bad mood ever since they wouldn't let you take your pigeons on't bloody plane at Doncaster.

Just work in progress.... 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version