Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > Where to eat out in San Stefanos?

mythica

<< < (10/19) > >>

Canary:
We got back from 2 blissfull weeks in San Stef last friday, we ate for 10 of the 14 nights at Mythica and couldn't fault it. Food is wonderful and service the same, particularly Jenny who is an angel.

Most nights we were there Jenny had to turn people away as they were fully booked... I wish I could make a lamb kleftico to match theirs !

By the way, the other 4 nights we had a 'picnic' on a our balcony taking in the stunning sunset over the islands....now sitting at home watching the puddles form in the garden.

loftyscot:
Dear Waspman

A poor response on a forum noted for the respect normally shown to fellow members opinions in comparison to other similar sites.

I do appreciate good Greek food and if you read my post carefully I said "the food is ok but is a bit dull compared to the other restaurants on offer". Merely offering my opinion to give a balance.

The lady Jenny is one of the politest ladies you could hope to meet, but unfortunately the restaurant doesn't do it for my family.

As for the "haggis" comment, I'm only glad my user name didn't reference another country - I dread to think what wit you would demonstrate then.

No doubt I'll be yellow carded by Administrator but please tone it down a touch.

Kind regards

don:
Have to agree with you Loftyscot. This is the last place I expected to see racist abuse. I hope it's the last too.

tonyco1:
We all know we have our own favourites and Opinions!
I love the Mythica - but Lofty's comments are more than fine with me - he just didn't like it there - no problem!
After all, if everyone only ate fillet Steak at one place - how boring would life be!

Don - not sure you can count a Haggis as racist abuse - I have had it several times! LOL!!!
However - although maybe, I would not have put it that way, I suspect it was merely said in Jest, rather than to be nasty!

Gillywoo:
For Gill and I its as much about the atmosphere as the food.

We can go to a fine restaurant and have great food anywhere in the UK, but we cant spend hours in a restaurant, enjoying the music, chatting to the friendly owner here, you only get that in San Steph!

IMO thats where the Mythica falls down, it lacks atmosphere, the food is O.K. but when we went our meal was over within 90 minutes and there was nothing going on for you to want to linger. Compare that with the Litle Prince or Zorbas where after a good meal the lights go down and the dancing starts, yes its touristy but we love it and before long we are staggering out at midnight having had a great evening.

The Mythica would be fine in Eastbourne or Skegness but while in SS I want something different.

Andy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version