Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > Where to eat out in San Stefanos?

Tipping

(1/5) > >>

cornishmaid18:
Hello all
At last we are allowing ourselves to think about our holiday in August....countdown to the end of term has started!
I know tipping can be a bit of a contentious subject but would just like to know what is considered a suitable % to tip when eating out in SS?
Last year we stayed at the Nafsika, so it was easy as we saw the same people everyday and got to know them well.
This time, (and because there are six of us) we are staying with Noula at the Theodosia apts and are planning to spread our wings and visit many of the restaurants talked about here.
In this country we would do 10-15% and in America 15-20% for good service and would hate to offend by getting it wrong. Likewise, would you tip the lady who cleans the apt daily/weekly or at the end of our two weeks?.... and again, approx how much?
Thanks in advance
Helen

don:
Usually tip 10% when eating out. Come to think of it we forgot to tip the cleaner this time and she was a lovely lady.

Jules:
We also give 10% when eating out and leave the cleaner a tip at the end of our hols.

zoe:
we also give 10% on our meals and leave the cleaner some money and a box of chocs

carole.mike:
i always leave a tip   [dont meet me in the dark] l.o.l we leave two euros for meal and ten euros to maid for fortnight . yammas mike . ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version