Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > Where to eat out in San Stefanos?

Tipping

<< < (3/5) > >>

lilly:
Bristleboy, do you tip when just ordering a couple of drinks at the bars? I always feel like I have to, hubby thinks that I am too generous, I am just a big softie.
Also I believe the owner of Tsaros where we are staying comes to pick us up from ootside the Barras in his car, would I be expected to tip him?

Gavlah1973:
Lilly

If I was just havin drinks and running a tab then I may just round it up if it came to 18 euros for example when I got the bill.

Or......If I have a couple of drinks in one bar then I usually just offer to buy who ever is serving a drink

tonyco1:

--- Quote from: Gavlah1973 on July 14, 2010, 11:35:57 AM ---Must admit.........after spending a week in Egypt I'm looking forweard to just doing normal tipping (10% for meals)

and not having to bung them a quid everytime I order a drink!!

--- End quote ---
We were in Egypt as well - after lots of research we worked out that a £1 or £2 coin a day was all that was required to get treatment like a VIP
one pound a day had beach beds secured with extra towels each day, one pound a day had the beach waiters asking me every time they passed.
One pound a day in the bars kept us topped up!
If you gave a pound each time - no wonder they tried to unseat the russkies!! LOL

Gavlah1973:
It wasn't that bad to be honest....

I tipped early on in the hols and then once again towards the end......did get me great service!

tonyco1:
Obvious really - Tippers get priority - I would do the same in their position!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version