Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > Where to eat out in San Stefanos?

Tipping

<< < (2/5) > >>

tonyco1:
Us as well - we do 10% and tip the maid if she is good.

Gavlah1973:
Must admit.........after spending a week in Egypt I'm looking forweard to just doing normal tipping (10% for meals)

and not having to bung them a quid everytime I order a drink!!

Lesley:
Not sure where you were in Egypt but hubbie and I spent 3 months there 3 winters ago, Cairo, Sharm, Hughada and Dahab, we never had to give anyone backhanders for drinks or tips althu the policeman guarding the ATM did suggest we did, which we didnt. But back to original link, tips are always as you feel appropiate - you have a good service you tip accordingly and like others I would say 10% of the bill is a far amount and always much appreciated by the workers at your choice of restaurant.

Gavlah1973:
We were in Naama Bay Lesley. Ghazala Gardens hotel (one of the ones that got bombed)

Great hotel but the tipping did do my head in. If I hadn't have tipped some of the bar tenders then I'd still be waiting for a drink. I had to physically make them serve other people who'd been waiting a lot longer than me who obviously hadn't tipped.

Funny story

We did a desert jeep trip one night which culminated with a BBQ/fire show (very good actually)

It was an all inc trip so your beer was free. One of the waiters from our hotel was serving us and he really looked after us bringing us drink after drink. At the end of the night I gave him £5 and he was over the moon.

The next night we walked into our hotel and it was packed. He came running over and honestly, tried to steal the chairs from some Russians who were sat there minding their own business!! I told him that it was ok as we were going to another bar in the hotel We walked on 50 yards and then stopped to talk to a couple who'd been on our flight. Over he came again trying to kick people out of chairs so we could sit there!! I had also previously told them that I was a 'Big Sheik' and the Lord Mayor Of Leeds so that could have been something to do with it along with the tip!!

Bristle Boy:
10%, as long as food and service meets our standards. If either doesn't, they get zilch all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version