Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > Where to eat out in San Stefanos?

Wristbands and bars

<< < (3/8) > >>

shellbell:
Oh my god Gerry James..........he did our brains in!!! Who told him he can sing??? Does anyone remember him in the 60s, because thats all he kept saying...."when i was in the charts in the 60s".....the worse part was one night I wanted to go back to the room about midnight  and he was serenading me to sleep I swear, cos we were staying at the Barras I SWEAR he was at the end of my bed, he sounded sooo close!!! >:(

Rod:
We also crossed the road when this singer was on, terrible.  I can understand the slight amusement as you first hear him but eventually you just had to make a run for it.  The strange thing is, the place was packed when he was on (mainly the blue rinse squad mind).   ;)

don:

--- Quote from: shellbell on July 18, 2010, 10:18:55 PM ---Oh my god Gerry James..........he did our brains in!!! Who told him he can sing??? Does anyone remember him in the 60s, because thats all he kept saying...."when i was in the charts in the 60s".....the worse part was one night I wanted to go back to the room about midnight  and he was serenading me to sleep I swear, cos we were staying at the Barras I SWEAR he was at the end of my bed, he sounded sooo close!!! >:(

--- End quote ---

paula jannis (October 24, 2006)
unlike sharon edwards i thought all acts at red lion were good and jerry james was not boring you need your ears cleaned out love

Sorry ....... Shell found this and couldn't resist! LOL............ He does have a fan then?

pembo:
According to Jerry, he played with every band that were recording in the 1960's. Someone said that if you remember the 60's then you were not there. Well I was there and I am pleased to say I don't remember Jerry James. Thank god. When he is on at the Silver Star We don't venture that far up the village. I just hope he does not venture any further either Summed up in three words

(What a Ponker)

Sandra W:
I thinkit was a wednesday night and Jerry wasn't on. Silver Star was packedout and doing a roaring trade.

Meanwhile across the road Bar El Greco was empty apart from the staff, family and Groucho. That guy can really play a guitar. Back to the point. All the customers in Silver Star were turned facing across the road and being well entertained at someone else's expense. There is a lesson in there!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version