Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > Where to eat out in San Stefanos?

Spoilt for choice?

<< < (7/9) > >>

Waspman:
Jimbo

Let me remind you of your posting on July 21st 2010 regarding The Mythica Restaurant:
We thought the Mythica was excellent, good food, friendly service.

We too love The Little Prince, but then again we don't stay there, as you do.

Sorry for any punctuation errors!!

debra:
We are all different that's true.  And expect restaurants have good days and not so good ones - but just said what I found this year.  Such a great resort for choice and something for everyone!

Jimbo:
I was contradicted by She Who Must be....

cornishmaid18:
Just back from second visit to SS - two weeks at Theodosia apts booked thru Noula and first opportunity to sample the tavernas properly, having stayed at the Nafsika last year.

Six adults - parents and three daughters aged from 18-23 and one partner to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary, having honeymooned in Corfu (Kassiopi) in 1985 - can't believe we're that old now!

Our collective scores on the doors/thought and comments re meals out :)

3 x Nafsika - nice food and setting, Speros his usual self! Jo on the bar as lovely as ever and Chris - quiet and efficient. Sadly we felt it was def not the same without Va(n)gelis - we missed his cheeriness and the girls did not always feel comfortable there. 'Us oldies' liked it more than the youngsters!

3 x Zorba's - 2 x excellent food, 1 x not so good - great atmosphere, waiters and dancing. (Yes I did say something quietly but it did not go down very well. We did not let it cloud our judgement though and would go back for sure). The girls particuarly liked the young, good looking waiters but I could not possibly comment!

2 x Sunset - quiet, excellent fresh fish and salads and good value.

3 x Mythica - first time told would be hour and a half wait for food so didn't stay but very glad we tried again! Had to ask for 2 meals to be heated up on one occasion, but out of 18 meals - consistently the best we thought overall.

1 x Mistral + 3 lunches - lovely setting, excellent quality, not v. polished service but that was part of it's charm. House wine was cheapest and it showed!

1 x Olympia - lovely meal, but just liked others more.

1 x Beachcomber - lovely setting for anniversary meal and 'nice and posh meal'. Sue was lovely and attentive. The waiter however was a little formidable! and the food, though very good quality wasn't very local and was more like a meal we'd get in a good restaurant at home. Stangely we were not tempted to go back. Still really nice!

Anyway, not one poor meal in 2 weeks and that's amazing out of 84 evening meals between us! Yes, some we enjoyed than others and typically on occasions someone wished they'd chosen differently when they saw what someone else had! There was lots of tasting and sharing. Lots of very good 'house white' sampled and more calories consumed than I dare think about!
Back to reality with a bang after another fab hol in SS - washing and shopping for the week at Morrisons!
Hey ho!
Roll on next August - or maybe Oct half term? or May half term?

Regards all and thanks for advice received re access for wheelchairs and accommodation etc! - Much appreciated!

Helen

tonyco1:
Glad you enjoyed it - you did a nice spread of restaurants - nice report and enjoyable to read - Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version