Author Topic: How has san stef changed in 6 years  (Read 12963 times)

Offline paul wilde

• View Profile
How has san stef changed in 6 years
« on: August 10, 2010, 01:56:13 PM »
My wife and i visited san stefanos 6 years ago, and it remains our favorite holiday destination.
We allways wanted to return but my wife fell pregnant and now at 4 we feel our daughter is old enough for a 4 hr flight.
But we want to know what has changed in 6 years,we stayed at the nafsica(we still talk about the food) and ate at the asturia ** for lunch most days,and opposite the nafsica was the sundowner bar run by mick and helen can anyonebring us up to speed..thanks.

YANNIS26

Re: How has san stef changed in 6 years
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 02:52:20 PM »
Hi Paul Wilde
Welcome to the forum.There has been lots of changes in the last 4 year.I will mention a couple of things and leave the rest to other forum members.
The Sundowner is now closed and Mick & Helen having stayed in Corfu a couuple of years after the closure are now back home in Leeds.
New Taverna in the village next to Town Pizza.It is run by Leo & Jenny who previously ran the Romanza Hotel restaurant.The name of the taverna is Mythica and it has an excellent reputatation with the vast majority of forum members.
I am sure you will get a lot more info on changes.
Yammas
Yannis

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 04:44:55 PM »
 Not to far from Nafsica is Beachcomber . A lovely little Med type Bistro. 2 Stars is still there and possibly one of the cheaper places to eat at. Ozzie Oils is also new over the last 6 years and also the juice bar owned by the same people as well.
 Crossings are now marked on the roads and also pedestrian walkways as well. Lots of nice little changes but still holds the same magic and charm each year
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 07:22:25 PM »
Mistral Taverna, down on the beach is situated in between BeachCombers Bistro and Manthos, Mistral has changed ownership and serves lovely meze lunches and greek food both lunch and evenings, a family run taverna with value for money prices......there's a 5% discount voucher to print off from their webpage www.mistralcorfu.com for evening meals. The Akrotiri lounge is another new edition as well as Graveria Cafe Bar both located up on the hillside overlooking Arillas from the Ag Stef side.

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 07:45:31 PM »
Loads of East Europeans around now!
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 12:11:49 AM »
Good for business that Corfu is open for all......... It's lovely to see so many different nationalities around all the resorts on the island. A true cosmo isle

Offline paul wilde

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 01:46:16 AM »
thanks for your all your posts ,i stumbled on this website while remenicing about my holiday and you have made me welcome,thanks...

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 01:47:49 AM »
Hi Paul, where did you stay when you last visited SS?

Offline paul wilde

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 01:57:34 AM »
we stayed in the nafsica,we were delayed so didnt get to the hotel till 11.30,still speros offered us a meal, i just wanted a beer and bed and didnt see the view till the morning,we just love the place...

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 02:00:56 AM »
Sorry just noticed you had already said where you had stayed.
Are you thinking of returning to SS in the near future?

Offline paul wilde

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 10:48:01 AM »
yes,but what other places would you recomend,other than the nafsica?

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 01:55:31 PM »
Hi Paul,
This will only be my 2nd visit to SS although I have visited different resorts in Corfu[Agios Georgios North and Pelekas].
Last time we Stayed at Athina on half board which was a lovely hotel practically on the beach, this time we are going Self catering because we want to be able to eat at different taverna's.
I am sure other posters will be able to give you more info on the best places to stay.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 01:10:16 AM »
Hi Paul,

Lots of good places to stay and everyone on here have there own favourites. A lot depends on if you want to be in the village centre or if you don't mind the places up the hills. Also consider if you prefer hotels or apartments and also if you would prefer to eat out at night or have half board.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 02:59:14 AM »
The Nafsika is usually Half Board, so other options in Town are the Athina and Thomas Bay Hotels, both very nice - we like the athmosphere at the Thomas Bay best, but Athina has best Location.
We had a really good deal this year so did the Half board thing, but will still eat out anyway at least half the time as it's part of the Holiday!
As Jules asks - what do you prefer?
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline paul wilde

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 12:30:18 PM »
We usually go half board and eat out at lunchtime,but since going to corfu we have chosen self catering on spanish islands.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni