Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > Where to eat out in San Stefanos?

San Stef Virgin - Where Should We Eat on our First Night ?

<< < (5/16) > >>

lilly:
The ones that really stood out for us were in no particular order are:
The olive press, Mythica, Beachcomber and Ozzy oils.
TBH neither of us enjoyed the food at Zobras, my vegetarian dish was bland and my husband did not rate his non vegetarian meal either but I suppose different strokes for different folks, we did enjoy the amazing Greek dancing though.

Jimbo:
Cheddar - I did warn you that you'd get totally contradictory advice - and it's only just started.

Glad you're enjoying the forum. It's full of good information with a liberal mix of totally off-topic banter. So it's a bit like a night out in the village.

There are loads of nice places to eat. There isn't much else to do apart from wandering up the edge of the wonderful beach watching a few Scandinavians getting a nude Chinese massage.

First night? Tired. Done getting to the airport. Done flights. Done getting to the village. I'd not attempt to make the first night a big event. I'll have moussaka and a jug of wine and feel, what all of us do who against all our instincts to strike out, go back to the village year after year, that you're going home.

Go anywhere - they'll love you - embrace you - and make you feel so much part of the family you'll feel that strange feeling of guilt when you see brochures for ostensibly wonderful places where you'll pay twice as much for a beer and a meal. Last year - beer in SS (okay AS) Eur2.5 - beer in Paleokastritsa Eur 4.0

You won't always get a perfect meal any more than you would in the UK. But you won't get ripped-off.

cornishmaid18:
The Nafsika to say hello to Speros and Jo. Would like to think Va(n)gelis would be back this year - we thought the place missed him last year - just wasn't quite the same?
Does anyone know how he is?
Still good food though, and first on the list!

tonyco1:
I believe he was fishing last season, I heard he may continue with that, maybe one of the forum members living there may know what his plans are for 2011.

Waspman:
I hear that Vangelis is still continuing his fishing this year and the only member of staff still at The Nafsika is Chris.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version