Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > Where to eat out in San Stefanos?

Aquarius Bar

<< < (7/10) > >>

Jimbo:
Can't say I agree with much of this. You have to pay for sunbeds on the beach, and they're yours for the day. We frequently leave them for a couple of hours for lunch or a walk. So what?

Almost all the dogs on the beach are local dogs. It's part of their territory. I have been known to throw a stick for them. I like dogs on beaches.

And I doubt if the ratio of Italians to Brits on the beach ever exceeds 2 per thousand!

cornishmaid18:
We have met the same italian family for the last three summers at the Manthos end of the beach. They now come with brother and family so there are more of them to spread out but are always pleasant.
This year we met a group of "younger adults" (ie than me)!! with a gorgeous little girl who we met eating out in the evenings on several occasions too....Yiannis made us laugh as he kept whispering how crazy they were!
To be honest I like being next to ppl of different nationalities as I can 'tune the noise out' much more easily than if I can understand the conversation, I can't help but earwig!....Give me them over loud british folk anytime.
Our meal at Yiannis's one night was much more pleasant in between two large groups of italians than it would have been if we had been over the road....the racket being made at the Mythica by one group of incredibly loud and gobby brits was terrible.
Sorry if it was anyone on here! haha!!

Gavlah1973:
It was bound to be Tonys clan!!! LOL

Not a problem with it on the beach when youve paid for them......they are yours for the day as Jimbo says!!

Kefalonia was a nightmare....we were staying in one of the nicest hotels in Skala, a hotel that had it's own chapel and used to hold weddings. You used to get wedding parties where the bride/groom and a couple of parents were staying at our hotel and all their guests at different hotels. Everyday there would be various members of the wedding group coming from other hotels to sunbathe round our hotels pool!! Not on really when you consider that ours was more expensive and a lot nicer pool area!

One day a large group was in 'visiting' the bride & groom. I saw one 'visitor' blatently steal two ice creams from the fridge when the bar persons back was turned. He was laughing & joking until me and a lad from South London asked him to pay!! Dont think he fancied a bit of combined Leeds/Millwall aggro!!!!

Soulie:
I agree that beach sunbeds are a different thing but why should people put towels on sunloungers around the pool area and clear off so other people cant use them.  Different kettle of fish when someone has paid for them, wouldnt dream of touching them.

I also like dogs on the beach, makes me not miss mine so much if I have another one to fuss over  :D

lilly:
I can understand why putting towels on sunbeds around the pool can be annoying but fail to understand why anybody would be annoyed with them doing so on a public beach, if you pay for your sunbed then surely you are entitled to leave it to go for a swim, walk or lunch or whatever you want to do, Joan they probably plonked themselves down because they are entitled to do so, not sure why you think they should act like they have done something wrong when they have not.
I like mixing with other nationalities when abroad afterall we are already doing that anyway by visiting a foreign country. We are all guests regardless of where we come from.

Also you say that the Italians were taking over the beach, the beach is for all the public and does not belong to the English, the Italians cannot take over something that is there for everyones enjoyment, there are far more English people using the beach than Italians.

How do you know that they don't contribute to the economy? Unless you follow each and every one of them then you cannot possibly know this. They have to eat,sleep and drink so my guess is that they are spending their money but if they prefer to bring a picnic to the beach then surely that is their choice. If they want or can only manage a cheap holiday then that is up to them, it is their holiday to do has they please.

We are all foreigners when travelling abroad on holiday.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version