Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > Where to eat out in San Stefanos?

Stormy Weather

(1/6) > >>

diane13:
Hi  - off to San Stefanos on Monday and have been checking weather forecasts which seem to vary depending which one you look at  Most have said quite a bit of stormy weather though - does anyone know what its like at the moment?  :)

Waspman:
Seems like it was raining all day yesterday, and the weather forecast from The Met Office and the BBC shows rain until at least Tuesday.

Glad we got home on Wednesday!!

Silverstar:

I went to SS the last two weeks of Sept in 2008 and had some of my worst weather there (after from 2 weeks in April when I was 12 and it rained solid for 12 of the 14 days..............!).

We had a massive thunderstorm which lasted a couple of days which hurricane winds that damaged a lot of the buildings in the village.  The Teresa (where we were staying) was hit particularly hard.   We were all huddled in the bar area watching dvd's for most of the day as it was too risky to go outside!

Hopefully you won't experience anything like that again!!   

Just checked the weather for you and its raining with thunderstorms till Monday and then 27 degrees and scorching from then on with just a bit of odd cloud.

Not too shabby! :)

diane13:
Well we'll be in San Stef so sure to enjoy ourselves - rain or shine.  No good complaining is it - weather is one thing we certainly can't control - bound to have some sun (aren't we???)

lilly:
Diane, of course you will have a good time come rain or shine :), you will be in SS but the good news is that the weather will improve early next week and who knows the days prior to the forecasted good weather maybe good too. You are right in that you cannot control the weather but you can and will have a great time. Enjoy your holiday. :) :) :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version