Author Topic: Our visit to San Stefanos.....  (Read 13992 times)

Gavlah1973

Our visit to San Stefanos.....
« on: July 11, 2013, 12:13:54 AM »
Been back two days now from our second visit to San Stef

This time we stayed at the Tsaros after previously staying at the Romanza (I guess we like hills!)

Accomodation

The Tsaros is situated up the hill behind the Juice Bar oppositie Summer Dreams. The hill is ok if you are relatively fit and in good health. I wouldnt reccomend it for older people of folk with joint problems. Bet it's also hard work for families who have kids that have just graduated from their buggies and are walking!!
Anyway the apartments are a great family run affair. Thanassis and his dad Nikos are the main folk you see. His wife Christina has had lovely twins who are just approaching 23 months old. The whole family are lovely and will try their best to make your stay happy. A couple of times a week Thanassis would call me over to check everything was ok and if there was anything else we needed!
The food at the pool bar is lovely and they sell everything from Greek Salads to Eggy Bread (which my little boy liked!) Thanassis cousin is at Town Pizza so he has uncooked Pizzas sent up everyday which he can cook for you.
The pool is fairly small but there was no rush for beds. Often around half of the 40 or so beds were empty all day. Very few people came down before 10am!
We had a two bed apartment and we paid extra for air con. The shower doesnt has a cubicle and it can be as challenge trying to keep the bathroom dry!!
The only gripe I'd have is the fact that you are only given one toilet roll at the start of the hols and no more!!! Thought this was a bit tight!

Restaurants

We ate at the following.......

Zorbas - 3 times
Little Prince - Twice
Fantasea - Twice
Med Village
Romanza
Olympia
Tasty Corner
Town Pizza
Nafsica

Our little boy loved the dancing at Zorbas..... got some magical videos of him watching the three lads strutt their stuff!
Thought LIttle Prince was average food although very good service. Fantasea was also fantastic!
I can confirm that at 8pm no sunbeds were reserved at the Romanza although Waspman did eat the Kokkinisto I had my eye on!!
Special thanks also to Speros in Nafsica for looking after my little boy one night when he was grouchy. Enabled us to eat our meal. The man showed great life experience

Village in general

The viillage was a lot quieter than when we last visited. If you didnt get in most of them by 8.15/8.30 then you had no chance till 10pm..... this time most had vacant tables all night. It also got a very young crowd in towards the end of our stay. Mentioned it to the rep who said she couldnt believe how many under 25yo there were in the village!!

All in all we had a great stay and we will be back next year. Lots of people made our holiday..... from Vincemac and his wonderful family who we met on the plane to George the local ex pat up at the Tsaros. Also great to meet many of the forum members out there. We never needed the services of our Thomson rep but Kim the Scottish girl was lovely. If you have her this summer as your rep then you are very lucky. Tell her Gav, Pam and little McKenzie say hello!!

All in all a great holiday!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Our visit to San Stefanos.....
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 12:26:34 AM »
Glad all was ok for you with your accommodation . I think the toilet roll thing is general in a lot of the apartments in that you get only the first one to start you off and then supply them yourself after that. We always take some of our with us squashed down so don't have to bother buying any. It is also nice to meet others off the forum as well so you can share experiences.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Gavlah1973

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 12:48:42 AM »
First time I've ever had to buy toilet roll anywhere!!! Lol

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 12:51:37 AM »
First time I've ever had to buy toilet roll anywhere!!! Lol

Hi Gav, enjoyed reading your review, seems that you all had a great time.
We have always had to buy our own loo roll when self catering but when on B&B then it has always been supplied.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 12:56:54 AM »
It was a new one on me!!! Stayed many times in Greece and Spain on room only or self catering and always had them replenished!!

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 01:00:28 AM »
Was great to meet you, Pam and the gorgeous Mckenzie enjoyed your thoughts on the village have you got sorted where your saying next yeat we have booked our accomodation and also for our Daughter , partner and Grandson just flights to sort out will be interested on where you finally decide. Diane

Gavlah1973

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 01:09:19 AM »
Perros is looking favourite! !!!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 01:18:28 AM »
Gav - Never had more than one bog roll apart from 5* hotels. Eat less, crap less, or get the supplies in from Margarita's. 

Gavlah1973

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 01:21:13 AM »
Bet they get more than one bog roll at the Romanza

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 01:22:45 AM »
Bet you have to reserve them :o
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 01:29:53 AM »
Can't move for bog rolls on the sunbeds in the morning.

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 01:30:42 AM »
Bet you have to reserve them :o

Ha ha, brilliant!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 01:32:20 AM »
We are in Anatoli and my Daughter has chosen Perros both have been very efficient with our enquiries she really wanted to stay in Fedra Mare and we went  to look they are beautiful and Demitris and Hari are amazing but wasn't sure they would get in with it being August and they have so many regulars and I can see why

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 01:33:34 AM »
Can't move for bog rolls on the sunbeds in the morning.

Ha ha, I would have a tissue, I mean issue with that! ;D ;D

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2013, 02:07:14 AM »
It was a new one on me!!! Stayed many times in Greece and Spain on room only or self catering and always had them replenished!!
They heard what you did with the bog rolls Gav - - - I warned Tsaros about you - - - and it worked - - - no bog rolls - - - LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni