Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > Where to eat out in San Stefanos?

Ilias in Avliotes

<< < (3/10) > >>

gillie:
It's a lovely walk through the olive groves as it's so shady and peaceful.  In fact the whole walk is beautiful. The dogs are a bit scary if, like me you are a bit wary of dogs!! Luckily I was with Jimbo and he is used to dogs and I must say they were fine and we just walked through and past them, no trouble at all and we have done the walk several times now and I am getting used to them!  Try not to let them put you off going as it is a great walk.

You certainly need a cold Mythos at Ilias and some lunch. From Avliotes you can walk on to Peroulades (I think that's what it's called) where there is a great view and a taverna overlooking the sea - it even has some swinging seats.

rilo57:
could you please give me an idea of where you go to take the short cut.never knew there was a way other than by road.

Dupnica:
I'm racking my brains as well as to where this short cut is.I've walked along the Arriles road turned left past the tennis courts and carried along
the Stouza road and turned right at the top but I wouldn't call it a short cut. Another route is to walk along the beach to the fisherman's house
and walk up the track from there but that's a bit of a hike and very steep.Come on someone enlighten me. ???

Rover:
For the walk through the olive groves, have a look at the online map link at the top of the forum page. As you go up the hill, turn right at Stamatis. At the 't' junction, turn left to follow the path up through the groves. I am not sure it is any easier than the road, but you may consider it more scenic in places. If you follow the road, you will at least pass several watering holes!

Jimbo:
The walk up through the olive groves and then through Garnades is wonderful. I shall draw a map-lette tomorrow.

Put repellent on if you are prone to getting bitten; there are lots of midges in the olive groves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version