Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > Where to eat out in San Stefanos?

Little Prince.

<< < (3/4) > >>

Gavlah1973:
No mention of the Delfino?!

Jimbo:
Never been there. Tried to look at the pool once but was told to piss off. Fantastic PR.

Alexander The Great took over most of the then-known world, and as Kostas appears to be trying to take over most of the beach-bed kingdom I will think of him as that.

Silverstar:
OMG Jimbo - you really crack me up.

Bloody priceless  ;D

WINKIE:

--- Quote from: Jimbo on September 17, 2013, 01:52:17 AM ---I try sometimes to populate Ag Stef with Greek gods, goddesses, heroes and heroines. It is sensitive thing, best not revealed. Each taverna is its own little Mount Olympus.

At Little Prince, Dimitris is obviously Zeus, his commanding presence with his powerful order-pad poised. Pipinna has to be Athena - beautiful, intelligent, an ironic smile as she raises her eyebrow at an overfull-ashtray or yet another jug of krassi. Mixalis (Mike) is Hermes, dashing through the tables with the sizzling steak in a miasma of steam.

At Nafsika there are no visible gods, but you can eat under the guidance of Socrates, and buy Kleopatra a drink.

At Mistral, Aphrodite will serve you.

At O Manthos, Poseidon  will tell you very long stories.

Such is the joy. We go from our dismal northern regions and kiss the feet of the gods. We dare to dip our toes in the blue ocean which saw the ships sail forth to Troy. We bask in the rays of the sun that shone on Odysseus, Agamemnon and Theseus. We sit in the Condor Bar and listen to people singing strange ancient modes. We are transported to a realm above our mundane lives.

EDIT: From Thomson.com to Jimbo: "Thank you for your brochure suggestion. Unfortunately, our marketing team has decided to stick with the beach and 'only two rooms left' policy. If you are having problems with Greek gods, our reps are always available to help." 

--- End quote ---

Pure genius Jimbo  8)

Teamnickos:
I want some of what Jimbo's drinking  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni