Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > San Stefanos news and views

Let's make a concerted effort

<< < (8/16) > >>

maggiesaes:
I miss going in October.Everywhere is closed so early now that October is almost wiped out but we used to be there until the end of the month.

Tredegar Boy:

--- Quote from: maggiesaes on December 03, 2018, 12:58:13 PM ---I miss going in October.Everywhere is closed so early now that October is almost wiped out but we used to be there until the end of the month.

--- End quote ---

Why are places shutting so early in October when there's clearly still a market? This happened this year as well. Is it a flight thing?

:-\Seems a strange thing to do.

maggiesaes:
I don't know but we've seen the season get shorter and shorter over the past 5 or 6 years.
Flights back here to Cardiff are on the last Friday of October so that isn't the problem.

Jimbo:

--- Quote ---Why are places shutting so early in October when there's clearly still a market? This happened this year as well. Is it a flight thing?
--- End quote ---

We left on October 5th and by that time the owners were desperate to close. They were pretty well exhausted after working 7 days a week since May. Jet2 stop flights before TUI, but after the end of the first week in October the UK airports are more and more constricted in choice. And really, when we left the place was well en-route to becoming a ghost town. Tavernas close day by day. By (say) October 12th only a handful of places are open, so the population gets more and more concentrated in the available venues.

TUI have been known to book two people into some apartments into late October. This is NOT popular. Staff have to be kept on and the outgoings are probably less than the income. So to keep the season going longer would mean (a) flights and (b) lots of people making it worthwhile.

In October, lovely Maria told me all she wanted to do was move to her flat in Corfu Town, lie in bed, watch TV and eat chocolates. Says it all, I think.

Karen:
Couldn't agree more Jim, they work so hard during the season and before and after.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version