Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > San Stefanos news and views

Let's make a concerted effort

<< < (9/16) > >>

maggiesaes:
Yes they do get tired of course it is hard work in the heat,but losing almost a month's business ,makes life hard on them too.
Thomas Bay Hotel was open until the third week in October I believe but visitors do still want to be able to go to other places other than the hotel for refreshment entertainment.

Jimbo:
Yes, Maggie, but Thomas Bay in October usually has TUI cruise people. They have meals at TB included. Keeping a taverna staffed with chef and waiters on the random chance that a few TB people might want a decent meal doesn't really sound like very good economics - you would probably lose money!

maggiesaes:
Yes that's what Yannis in 2 Star says it's not worth staying open and he's right.
We are something of an oddity but when we stay in Thomas Bay and we have many many times we eat out at least 4 times a week .We went there when it first opened as a hotel because we liked the staff and we like having breakfast and a meal available if we want it,and 24 hour reception.
Heather was a Thompson rep then.

Before the cruise and stay and adults only at the hotel it was quite a different atmosphere and cruise and stay has stopped now but I think it is a bit too late,the people who go seem to not leave the hotel for much.

Lesley:
It's a difficult one!!!, 2 years ago when I was working up at Vicky's we had a full house 56 persons until end of October along with other owners in resort with both ours and  independent guests along with other tour ops in resort but not like high season.  However as a resort in high season with so many choices I think there are maybe 27 tavernas, bars etc open - how to serve a small amount of persons.  In fairness many stayed open to support us and others at least to mid October but our guests were unhappy as they didn't have everything open and we (or our then tour operator) ended up having to transfer several, well almost half the guests to Sidari which is in fairness open almost all year round as they have a big expat community living there so many more outlets stay open and more choice. Our guests really didn't want to leave the resort but as a resort we didn't meet their expectations. Those that stayed really enjoyed the walks, weather was beautiful and really more authentic side of Corfu, Greece......... It's a catch 22.   

Karen:
I can fully understand that Lesley.  We would probably enjoy the quietness ourselves, as long as we could still get a good meal and somewhere to have a drink at night. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version