Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > San Stefanos news and views

Let's make a concerted effort

<< < (10/16) > >>

maggiesaes:
Yes it is a catch 22 quite clearly.
Tui are losing the stranglehold they used to have so there is a bigger choice of flights and it is far easier to book direct with hotels and apartments.
Maybe that will help.

AndrewK:
It seems choice is being eroded with Thomas Cook walking away leaving a virtual three-way tie between Tui, Jet2 or booking independently.

Jet2 (for better or worse?) appears to be building up a large portfolio of apartments in the village, and the owners of the properties must be happy with the situation as they have seemingly signed up for another summer, at least.

Personally, I would not fancy October too much but that is just my choice and it obviously suits others.

Tredegar Boy:

--- Quote from: AndrewK on December 11, 2018, 01:13:02 PM ---It seems choice is being eroded with Thomas Cook walking away leaving a virtual three-way tie between Tui, Jet2 or booking independently.

Jet2 (for better or worse?) appears to be building up a large portfolio of apartments in the village, and the owners of the properties must be happy with the situation as they have seemingly signed up for another summer, at least.

Personally, I would not fancy October too much but that is just my choice and it obviously suits others.

--- End quote ---

My wife and I have had an October break the last couple of years, Portugal and Spain both were still lively, but I wouldn't like to go somewhere where its in shut-down mode. If there was a sprinkling of taverna's, say half-dozen or so and a few bars, that would do me.

maggiesaes:
I don't mind it quiet at all-just not totally dead but as you say a little choice.

mrsjune22:
OOps something happened there.Thanks to TUI, who are no longer flying from Leeds/Bradford to Corfu. I can no longer visit friends that I have made there after visiting for last 12 years. I'm used to travelling Friday-Friday where we stay. Too old to change now. :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version