Author Topic: Pool music.  (Read 847 times)

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Pool music.
« on: July 21, 2024, 08:37:56 PM »
Folks, what are your thoughts on places and people, playing music whilst you chill by the pool ?. It is a pet hate of mine, I'm there to relax, not listen to others taste in music. I have even seen folks watching  a film on their phones, with the volume screwed up, on a flight  >:(. Wear headphones or earbuds, be considerate to others in your surroundings.

If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Pool music.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2024, 02:17:37 PM »
Folks, what are your thoughts on places and people, playing music whilst you chill by the pool ?. It is a pet hate of mine, I'm there to relax, not listen to others taste in music. I have even seen folks watching  a film on their phones, with the volume screwed up, on a flight  >:( . Wear headphones or earbuds, be considerate to others in your surroundings.

I'd prefer not to hear it, but come to the conclusion a long time back that it was best to not let it annoy me (I know it can be hard at times). Worst of all for me in the musak blasters on the beach, especially when I'm trying to sleep in the sun...
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2024, 01:11:24 AM »
Ditto Winkie, drives me crazy, use ear pods or whatever. Don’t impose your choice of music on others. One of the reasons we stay at Fedra, as you know Dimitri would stamp it out straight away! We are there now…… super chilled and wonderful as ever.

Offline geordieborn2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2024, 03:38:12 PM »
Ditto Winkie, drives me crazy, use ear pods or whatever. Don’t impose your choice of music on others. One of the reasons we stay at Fedra, as you know Dimitri would stamp it out straight away! We are there now…… super chilled and wonderful as ever.

Perhaps a list of known quiet places would be good, but likely most know them already. Enjoy your stay BAJ, it looks gorgeous and calm there today.
The public gets what the public wants...

Offline WINKIE

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2024, 05:02:03 PM »

Its a definate no no at Fedra, I remember a young couple arriving one day, headed over to the pool loungers in the corner, ghetto blaster in hand, Harri spotted it, straight over, politely told them not to use it, made my day. Give your delightful hosts a big hug from me BAJ.
If its not one thing,its your mother.

Offline Jackson

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2024, 05:32:28 PM »
I don't mind a bit of low volume Greek music round the pool piped in by the hotel. When you get the little doorknobs and their wireless speakers, that's another thing. Even seen one guy ask politely if a group turn it down, they gave it the billy big ones and mouthed off until he picked up and hurled it into the wilderness like an olympic discus thrower. The applause was noisier than the music. On a public beach, isn't it against Greek Law?

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni