Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > San Stefanos news and views

thomas bay hotel

<< < (3/12) > >>

Jules:
In fact the only crime we are aware of was when someone (English) was passing forged bank notes when Greece was still with the Drachma. The police came and got him from the apartments. Not sure if he had done a deal or was just a silly bloke trying to impress someone or not. >:(
It was the last day of there holiday so don't know what happened after that.

tonyco1:
I always feel safe walking around San Stefanos and happy to let my son wander around as he grew up.
That hasn't changed - - However - what happened to Willys Wash House is a kind of crime, morally at least.

Anyway - I can't let these kind of things influence me too much as the majority of people in San Stefanos are genuinely lovely people.
Tony C

don:
Just look how many people go back to San Stefanos out of choice and you will see that you have made the best choice possible.

tonyco1:
You are right - but San Stefanos is sometimes like a big soap opera - lots of twists and turns and surprises thrown in.
All part of the appeal I suppose - my trouble is I always like to see the underdog come out Ok.
However - life goes on and we must move on as well - be nice to see WWH rise again - but if not - nothing we can do anyway.
I have no connection with the WWH crew - except they were nice people, shared a couple of beers in Bar38 with them,
so I wish them well and hope they will be doing my laundry again in 09 - but somehow I doubt it.
I intend to arrive in San Stefanos in July - and get on with the serious business of enjoying our latest holiday there,
check out all the changes and chill out, meet all our old village friends - catch up on the goss!!!
(always lots will have happened during the time away).
My first job will be to unpack very quickly, and get a Mythos - thats when I know the holiday has really started.
TonyC

don:
Let me know what time, which bar and I'll have two pints waiting for you. The first as an extremely quick thirst quencher to get that travel out of your throat. The second savoured for every subtle nuance of flavour, every facet of its fine bouquet, and if thats not enough just swig it back  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version