Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > San Stefanos news and views

Hello from the frozen uk

<< < (3/6) > >>

Jules:
Whereabouts have you settled on for staying? We always go end of August/ beginning of September as well as the kids are usually back at school by then . At this time the weather is still nice and hot as well. Last year was the best we have ever had for the weather as well.

priestessuk:
we could fly anytime after 27th of august
as long as I am back at work for the 16th of september

don:
Tonyco 1..... where are you from? Duck/Duckie is a very well used endearment where we live. Obviously with a name like mine the term has that extra edge!

Jules:
Duck and Duckie are also from where I come from originally (Nottingham).
Not sure if Tony has just copied it from priestessuk or not who is from North Nottshttp://

tonyco1:

--- Quote from: don on January 16, 2009, 12:53:51 AM ---Tonyco 1..... where are you from? Duck/Duckie is a very well used endearment where we live. Obviously with a name like mine the term has that extra edge!

--- End quote ---
What Donald Duckie?
Hi All - Well I did copy it from Priestess - hadn't heard it for a while now!!
But My Mother was a (deep South) Cornish Girl and often used the phrase, my Mothers Sister married a Yorkshire man and moved to Staineland near Halifax where they often used the term as well, My Dad came from East Ham, where the Cockneys called people Ducky a lot. However I am a bit of a mish-mash!!
I was born in Singapore - Dad worked there for 30 years - moved to Ealing (London west), age 3 - now live by Heathrow Airport, always fly from Gatwick, (unless long haul) Heathrow flights too expensive!!
Most of my relatives live in Sydney Au. - we went there last winter - went to surfers paradise - Know what - we loved Aussie overall - but we'd rather be on our San Stef beach!!
The trouble is - My heart and Linda's too, will always have a bit of San Stefanos in it - (see - I can do slushy!!).
I don't know if you are like us - we do 2-3 holidays a year - every time I go somewhere else - I now always compare it to Corfu.
Most of the time other resorts never match up. They may be better in many ways but San Stef has a certain charisma and character that you just don't get elsewhere - nothing beats the genuine friendly welcome the village offers here - and it's such a chill out!!
What do you think?
Tony C

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version