Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > San Stefanos news and views

Hello from the frozen uk

<< < (5/6) > >>

Jules:
Just started to rain here in Cheshire and I've just washed the car - typical!! >:(

tonyco1:
I got home from work today at 1.30pm - (up since 04:30) intending to walk the dogs immediately as usual - weather not too bad,
Sods law - I fell asleep in the chair reading the paper, woke up at 4:30pm starting to get dark,
I split my wellies at the side of the foot, putting them on in a rush, so I put on the waterproof walking shoes,
rushed to the park with the dogs for the daily walk.
Now V/Cold biting wind - walked into the park - and found it was partially flooded - over top of my shoes as I tried to tip-toe through it.
Now I am cold with wet feet - (dogs didn't give a ****!), and it had to happen - Artic Rain - tropical fashion - got soaked!!
Going back - I got more cold wet feet - shoes were now an icy foot spa! Had to wash the dogs legs and hot shower to warm up!
Thank god I changed my Boiler - as the old Gloworm used to go out with any puff of wind and not re-light without a strip-down.
Now wishing I was on a certain beach and the sun was warming me nicely - if I could do my job in Corfu I would think about a move!!
Roll on the Summer - doe's anyone think we'll get a decent one this year in the UK? - Last year - Summer was a wash-out!!
Tony C

don:
Very cold here. Central heating still kaput. If these tradesmen are all struggling how come every plumber I phone take a sharp intake of breath and says "sometime next week mate."
Still on the cold, I left work this afternoon in the pouring rain and some woman waving her brolly about as she talked to her mate caught my coat with her brolly causing a large tear. I said "excuse me!" to whifh the reply was "**** *** before I stab you." Still waiting on our glorious constabulary. Bet she's well gone now!

Jules:
Poor you Don. She sounds a complete and utter s@@t. It was her fault and she made it sound like it was yours. Lets hope the police catch her before she carries out her threat on some other poor unsuspecting soul.

SueLa:
"Brolly Attack"  what ever next I ask.  Is the world a safe place to be)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version