Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > San Stefanos news and views

Hello from the frozen uk

<< < (2/6) > >>

strogs:
You beat me to it Jules, I was going to suggest East Midlands.  My sister has flown from there many times and had no problems

TerryandJoy:
Yep, we flew from EMA last year, no probs whatsoever - even has an airside smoking 'cage' for us addicts.

As for accomodation I suggest a look at the usual interactive site http://corfu-info.com/main/san-stefanos-map.html.   As a rule of thumb the further away for the beach the more likely there is to be a climb, the exception being anything up towards the Romanza - that's near the beach and perched ontop of the cliff.   Brilliant views but if you don't want the climb avoid.   Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to get to a beach access from anywhere in the resort.

SueLa:
Hello there

Where are you in north Notts? we live on the border near Newark

As suggested East Midlands or Doncaster are the nearest for you

It all depends on if you want Self Catering or a Hotel holiday.

We have visited San Stef twice now and will be there again this year.
The plus side of self catering  for us is the renge of Taverna's you can eat in, as you will see from this site we all have our favorites.

I am sure you will enjoy your holiday whatever you decide.

tonyco1:
Hi Ya Ducky,
I agree with all the above - we have been going here for last 26 years now and sometimes twice as it is the best chill-out resort known.
We have stayed in most of the self catering over the years, also travelled with thompsons many times as well.
"Private" Self Catering is easy and organised with a taxi from the Airport.
I advise get flights first, then check accomodation.
Most work on Mon-Mon some will do Fridays as well - but check first  what day of the week configeration the apartments can do - before booking the flight!!!
Try Noula at San Stefanos Travel and go for the Theodosia Apts (we are there this year), or Theodora Apts / Efi Apts both on the flat a 5 or 10 mins from the beach. The Athens Bar has Apts close to the Beach and so are Leonidis Apts. Michalis and Manthos have Apt's easy for the beach as well.
Good bets from Thompsons are Barras, Little Prince, Stamatis, or any of the Hotels, Nafsika, Athina (on Beach), Thomas Bay (no kids), lots of choice if you don't want "a commanding View" walking up ''death hill''!!to get there.
(not really as bad as that - but can be a mission in hot weather). Perros Hotel also nice 10 mins walk on the flat!
Enjoy - your weeks are a good time weather wise as well!!
Tony C

priestessuk:
we are at warsop about 30 minutes to newark.
So how long from airport is the place,
just looked at the utube video wonderful !!!!!
we found a two weeks holiday sc for just over £500 good price??
 had holiday dates conf. from work so now we can plan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version