Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > Where to eat out in San Stefanos?

Zimmer's Dinner's

<< < (6/7) > >>

tonyco1:
Zimmer - Keith and co!!  enjoyed meeting up - didn't agree with your report on Don and I - Cheeky boy!! (Who was Charles Hawtree then?) LOL!!
Nice report!!
Didn't agree with some of the follow up comments made, lets be realistic now - you can eat in authentic Greek Tavernas anywhere in the UK - especially London.
What I find boring is to go to Greece and have no choice except an old Greek Taverna to eat in.
I like choice and San Stef now gives that international choice that leaves everyone happy.
So just eat where ever it is you like, not put down the choices!!
The food here is great and no one should try to be a "Greek-Food" snob, theres choice for all here!!

Zimmer:
true ....point taken  :-[

shellbell:

--- Quote from: Andy7 on July 13, 2009, 03:23:29 PM ---Sorry to say it but when we were sat in the Mythica - you could hear the 'ping' of the microwave going off on a regular basis!!

--- End quote ---
Oh no! Andy you just burst my bubble! I raved about Mythica! :(

hendrix46:
 Could possibly be them cooking the veggies. That's how I usually cook broccoli n cauliflower these days. Had the crispiest roast potatoes there.

Gillywoo:
Having worked in the catering business, I know that if a Restaurant has a large menu, then a lot of the food will be 'pinged'. You cannot have pans and pans full of fresh food sitting around hoping people will order them.

I know that the Olive Press used to (may still do, but didn't go this year), only cook fresh everyday. The choice was limited and when it was gone 'it was gone'. You cannot do this if you have a huge range of meals on your menu.

Therefore, the smaller the menu, the far greater chance that the food is prepared fresh that day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version