Welcome to San Stefanos (NW Corfu) > Where to eat out in San Stefanos?

Summer Dreams Taverna

<< < (4/9) > >>

Paulene Dean:
Used to be really busy years ago when I went with my Mum and Dad on hol - we nicknamed it "The Mushrooms" as it had some garden "Mushroom / toadstool" ornaments then altho not sure whether it was called Summer Dreams in those days  - mushrooms may even still be there - but to be honest since we've been going as a family with our children it's not somewhere we've ever eaten - and as you say always looks empty - which is a shame as location just off the beach is gr8. And also, the name Summer Dreams conjures up a type of drinking/cocktail bar in my mind- not a restaurant/taverna.

Jimbo:
It's a real pity. They are very nice people - great lunches, and a very pretty place.

tonyco1:
Had dinner there before, not so great then - may be better now,  people as always great -  Lunch was very good one year while we waited for our taxi back to the airport,
I never understood why it's not very busy, as a nice looking bar/diner - but must say - it doesn't seem to pull us in there!
Something missing maybe! I can't explain it - but maybe a good suggestion is lunch or a beer on the way back from the beach!

Jimbo:
It's quite sheltered if the wind kicks up, so a brilliant retreat for lunch compared to the other beach-eating places, which generally are exposed.

Rod:
I think personally speaking that all the trees and foliage put people off.  What with the mossies etc.  If they tried to cover/enclose/disguise the foliage with some sort of canvas or tarpaulin then I think the place would attract fellow holiday makers.  If the owners are reading this, remember it was Rod who came up with the idea.   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni
Go to full version